Dubai 2020 Expo World Market Kiosk and Retail Store
- The Ministry facilitated twenty-eight (28) Small and Medium Enterprises, Community projects including some Handicraft Centres and Women Enterprises to showcase craft products at the Dubai 2020 Expo. Samples of products for these enterprises were on display at the Expo World Market Kiosk being manned by the Ministry. The Ministry is also assisting ZIMTRADE to mann the retail store.
Phase 2 of AfDB Funded Women and Youth Empowerment Project
- Under phase 2 of the AfDB Sustainable Women and Youth Enterprise Development project, the following projects were approved for funding by AfDB and are scheduled to be implemented in 2022: Hauna Fruit and Vegetable Processing Anchor Enterprise – four hundred and twenty-five thousand US Dollars (425 000.000 USD)
- Construction of safe market structures for women in Bulawayo and Masvingo – one hundred and fifty thousand US Dollars (USD 150 000.00).
- Facilitate Market Linkages- Capacity Building for women Small- holder Farmers- forty five thousand US Dollars (USD 45 000.00 USD.)
- Gender Mainstreaming Guidelines- thirty-five thousand US Dollars (USD 35 000.00.)
- Review and aligning of the Broad-Based Women Economic Empowerment Framework (BBWEEF) to NDS1, Regional and International instruments-fifty thousand dollars (USD 50 000.00)
- Capacity Building of Cross Border Traders on COMESA and SADC Simplified Trade Regimes (STRs)- forty-five US Dollars (USD 45 000.00)
- The Ministry in partnership with Katswe Sisterhood and with financial support from UN Women under the Spotlight Initiative programme has been working on establishing safe markets for communities. The concept takes into account the practical gender needs of women entrepreneurs such as the need for proper sanitary facilities, storage rooms for their products, protection from hard weather conditions and the need for a place where children can play that is free from danger.
- The Safe Market in Epworth has been completed and it was commissioned on 25 November 2021 as the nation commemorated the sixteen (16) Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence. Through the same partnerships, the Ministry is working on establishing two more safe markets in Chipinge and Umzingwane.
Mukwichi Community Group
- The group is into detergents and sanitiser manufacturing and markets its products at schools and nearby retail shops. The group utilised the loan it received for the procurement of raw materials to boost its production.